What Benefits Are There from Getting My Basement Floor Coated?
Ensuring your flooring is sealed creates durability that enhances the utility of the room. Knowing that your basement has a protective high-quality polyurea coating will provide you with multiple benefits:
- floor longevity
- germ resistance
- eye-pleasing alteration
- non-slip promotion
- easy to clean option
- moisture barriers for mold prevention and discoloration
We offer the most top-rated products on the market to ensure safeguarding for your floors, for you, and the health of your loved ones.
Why is Polyurea a Better Option than Epoxy?
When using epoxy on a floor, the process takes much longer to harden. This extended curing time for your flooring can lead to bubble formations and build-up in the matter as it waits to solidify. Polyurea is the quickest drying on the market, so it leaves little time for blemishes to happen in the process.
Polyura expels fewer fumes than other coatings, so if you have sensitivities to the smell of the chemicals, this will be your number one choice. The flexibility of polyurea is better than that of epoxy; this means lesser chipping, fractures, and scuffing on your floor. Polyura consists of 98% solid materials, which means it is more robust and pliable.
The reinforcement fibers of polyurea can endure all kinds of circumstances, such as:
- UV light exposure
- weather issues like flooding or humidity
- extreme temperature fluctuations
- the excess weight of heavy items
- wear and tear from foot traffic
- sustains composure even with heavy items dropping on it
We make your floor to order, giving you the option to customize your choices between different colorants or with a process using paint chips. If it is a texture you want to add in, we have several options, including masonry work for that personalized touch.
Epoxy does not manage well in fluctuating temperatures, and peeling floors can be a result of this. Because of its waterproofing ability, polyurea has a high tolerance for application in changing temperatures, promoting adherence to the original surface.
Adding Value with a Skyline Concrete Coating
Because of the risks that come with a basement foundation, you do not want your flooring to start declining. This decline can directly affect the structural integrity of your home, which means lower values and a higher cost for repair. Our polyurea coating system is an excellent choice for protection and endurance, leading to more significant benefits for your home.
The polyurea finish will help retain the strength and condition of your floors, including protection from moisture issues such as mold and spalling or temperature fluctuations that are causing cracking and discoloration. By protecting your basement floor, you are ensuring:
- prevention of potential injuries from slips
- an upgraded value to your home
- anti-bacterial defense
- a non-toxic vapor option
A Skyline Concrete Coating also takes less work to promote a hygienic environment. Because the polyurea is less porous, bacteria and germs will not be able to stick to it. Knowing your maintenance is just a quick clean-up, with a simple water solution and a mild pH-neutral cleaner, makes it easy to ensure your floors are clean and cleaned with care.
How Does the Coating Process Work?
Through experience, continuous hard work, and dedication, we have streamlined our process into an efficient and structured experience that creates a quality product. We want to provide you with a floor that is not only durable but visually appealing. The professional basement coating is a multi-step process starting with:
- Step One– Shot blasting and diamond grinding to clean and prepare the area for coating.
- Step Two– We flatten out any blemishes, fractures, or imbalances in the floor.
- Step Three– We will apply a coating to the area, promoting a solid and reliable base until the tack-free time sets.
- Step Four-If texturing is required, the technician sets the assigned flakes by hand to your specific design.
- Step Five– After the floor has cured, we scrape the top layer for debris and leftover flakes to ensure a smooth texture.
- Step Six– The last step is adding the final coating that contributes to UV protection, fractures, and scuffing.
Because the polyurea has a quick drying time, it allows for the completion process in one day, which leaves you more time to enjoy your new floor.