How Deck Resurfacing Can Help
Summertime is a popular time to host parties, barbeques, and gatherings in your beautiful backyard, but you may find that something is missing. If you are looking to enhance the space around, a professional pool deck coating may be just what you are missing to make your backyard stand out.
How can a coating help your pool deck?
Over time, the concrete around your pool will suffer from cracks, stains, and other issues that can lead to an unwelcoming outdoor area. A coating from Skyline Concrete Coating can protect and preserve your pool deck today.
Our technicians use a Polyurea base coat and a Polyaspartic topcoat to preserve your concrete pool deck. These coatings are 4x more durable than regular Epoxy and will make your pool deck up to 15-degrees cooler due to its UV-resistant properties. It’s a great way to protect your concrete while also giving your deck the sprucing up it needs!
You may be wondering if Polyaspartic floor coatings are durable as Epoxy flooring for homes? We are here to tell you yes! Polyaspartic coatings are actually more durable than Epoxy. Polyaspartic pool deck coatings have more abrasion-resistant capabilities than a traditional Epoxy pool deck, reducing the chance of having noticeable scratches on your new coating.
Your pool deck coating will not only provide backyard appeal but will also increase your home’s value. Call us or Contact us online for a free estimate!
Transformative Results in 24-Hours
You will see results in as little as 24-hours with our 6-step coating process. Your new Polyaspartic coating will be ready for heavy-duty use in just a few days, unlike epoxy coatings that take up to seven days to completely dry. Polyaspartic coatings have rapid drying capabilities, allowing for next-day completion.
Here are the steps we take to create the perfect Polyaspartic pool deck coating:
- Step One – Preparation: Diamond grinding and/or shot blasting. A vacuum system is hooked up to all the grinders to eliminate dust.
- Step Two – Concrete Reconstruction: Fillers and menders fix cracks and pits before beginning the process. This will flatten your surface to create a level and even pool deck
- Step Three – Basecoat: Our pure Polyurea self-priming basecoat is mixed and applied. This allows for a durable and stable foundation for your pool deck.
- Step Four – Broadcasting the Chip: Right after we apply the basecoat, your choice of chip is broadcast by hand, creating a beautiful texture and color to your pool deck. This step gives your pool deck the color, design, and slick-resistant surface.
- Step Five – Scrapping the Chip: After the base coat is applied, we will scrape the floor and vacuum to eliminate loose or vertical flakes.
- Step Six – Clear Coat: The last step is applying a UV stable Polyaspartic clear coat. This clear coat is the final coat we will apply to your pool deck. It helps seal your deck to prevent wear and tear and harmful UV rays.